Graduation Award Information
The following information reflects the conditions necessary to qualify for an EMAAN Junior/Senior High School Graduation Award.
- Students successfully finishing grades 9 and 12 in 2019 will be presented with a graduation award.
- Awards will be granted only to those students attending the banquet. When a student is unable to attend the banquet due to circumstances beyond their control, they will be contacted to pick up their award at a later date.
- Applicants must submit copies of their term marks with the application form.
- Applicants must apply with marks only at their grade level (i.e. Grade 9 students must only report grades obtained in grade 9 subjects)
- Senior High (Grade 12):
- Only the list of subjects outlined in the Rutherford Course Requirement Table will be accepted
- Five of the courses from the Rutherford Course Requirement Table will be averaged. The selection will be made in the manner most advantageous to the student.
- PLEASE NOTE: We understand that by the application deadline, students will not have final report cards and grades. We will accept progress reports that show the most recent grade that students have in each class.
MERIT AWARD CRITERIA
A transcript MUST be submitted to qualify for a merit award. The following information reflects the conditions necessary to qualify for EMAAN’s Merit Awards.
- Honours with Distinction
- Average mark of 85% and over in required subjects (refer to the eligibility criteria).
- Top Academic Student Award
- Awarded to one student at the junior high level and one student at the senior high level.
- Awarded to students who obtained the highest average in required subjects (refer to the eligibility criteria) during the current academic year.
- The Top Academic Student recipient for Grade 12 will receive a $1000 scholarship upon proof of enrollment in a full-time program at a Post-Secondary institution.
- Most Improved Student Award
- Awarded to one student at the junior high level and one student at the senior high level who do NOT meet Honours criteria.
- Awarded to students who have obtained overall improvement in required subjects (refer to the eligibility criteria) from term one to term two.
- Students must submit a copy of their first and second term report cards with the application form.
- Should apply and receive graduation award for grade 12 in the current year of EMAAN banquet (2019).
- Should have enrolled in an accredited university/Diploma program in the same year.
- Top 10 students (with best overall marks) will be automatically short listed after the judge’s committee meeting.
- Top students who meet all the above three criteria will be awarded a scholarship at the discretion of the judge’s committee.
- Final transcripts are required to be submitted.
Rutherford Course Requirement Table for Senior High (Grade 12)
- English 30-1, 30-2
- Français 30-1 or 30-2
At least two of:
- Mathematics 30-1, 30-2 or 31
- Science 30
- Social Studies 30-1 or 30-2
- Biology 30
- Chemistry 30
- Physics 30
- A language is other than the one used above at the Grade 12 level.
Any two courses with a minimum five credit value at Grade 12 level (3000, 6000 or 9000 series) including those listed above and combined advanced CTS course.